Codefest 2015 – Code Scene Investigation, welcomed a selection of 25 teams out of 42 applicant teams. Among a range of different hardware and software ideas, the winning teams were:
1. First Prize – team Togepi Crew, with the project ARKA, an augmented reality software for education, that improves the learning experience from school textbooks towards a “look and feel” interactive solution.
2. Second Prize – team Coding Mates, that developed a “medical social network” for easy communication between doctors and patients.
3. Third Prize – team Developer Case, that worked on a smart sensing software and hardware to improve pedestrian safety in traffic and to prevent pedestrians from being hit by a vehicle.
We had the honor to welcome three Speakers at Codefest 2015, who gave valuable advice to the participants:
1. Erbil Karaman, Product Management Lead at Facebook;
2. Asif Raja, CEO and Founder at Mindmakr UK;
3. Marko Chalasan, Macedonian computer prodigy, “The Mozart of computers”.
The teams at Codefest 2015 had the chance to work and get advice from the following Mentors:
1. Eva Piperevska, Product and Digital Marketing Specialist at G6;
2. Jake Bakreski, Visual Artist and Lecturer in Visual Arts at Univ. of Information Science and Technology “St. Paul the Apostle” (UIST);
3. Irena Efremovska, Director of Sales and Development at ClearView Business Training Center
4. Etienne Schneider, Professor at UIST, User-Centric Yoda, Gamer;
5. Dijana Capeska Bogatinoska, Lecturer in Database Systems;
6. Marjan Nikolovski, CEO and Founder of Emit Knowledge;
An expert Jury decided about the winners, among which were:
1. Asif Kamal Raja, CEO and Founder of Mindmakr UK;
2. Orce Petreski, Technical Lead at Seavus and Tech Trainer at Seavus Education and Development Center;
3. Jane Naumoski, UI/UX Designer at 6PM Solutions;
4. Teddy Pejoski, Co-Founder and CEO of G6 and Black;
5. Aleksandra Dudik, PR and HR Consultant at Vedel IT;
6. Dragana Petrushevska, Editor In-Chief at Fakulteti.mk.