Codefest 2013 – Let the Coding Fun Begin, was the first edition of Codefest and was born out of the idea to gather together with some university friends and to work on finishing our final semester projects. What was meant to be a 24-hour long work-off on school projects, suddenly attracted the attention of even more students from Macedonia, and then turned into a coding marathon event, welcoming 13 teams that worked on developing various projects based on Microsoft technologies.
The winners of Codefest 2013 were:
1. First Prize – team Gryffindor, a female-founded team that worked on a Windows-based comics-inspired game called Mystery Mansion;
2. Second Prize – team Agile, that worked on the Windows Phone app Eventum, an aggregator of social events;
3. Third Prize – team Not Available, that worked on a finance-management web portal.
Among the Mentors and Judges that supported the first realization of Codefest, were:
1. Bratislav Stankovic – Vice Rector for Finances at the University of Information Science and Technology “St. Paul the Apostle”, Ohrid;
2. Filip Kerazovski – Senior Mobile Developer;
3. Hajan Selmani - Founder & CEO of HASELT, Entrepreneur, Microsoft MVP, Coordinator & Lecturer at SEDC Code Academy;
4. Jane Bakreski - Visual Artist and Lecturer in Visual Arts at Univ. of Information Science and Technology “St. Paul the Apostle” (UIST);
5. Orce Petreski - Technical Lead at Seavus and Tech Trainer at Seavus Education and Development Center.